The Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) is a professional and regulatory body established by an Act of parliament, the EIZ Act No.17 of 2010. The principal activities of the Institution include the regulation and promotion of the engineering profession in Zambia through registration of engineering professionals and firms, organizing member activities for continuous professional development and contributing to the material development of society by improving the level of engineering education, training and practice in the country.
The operations of the Institution have grown tremendously in the last five years and the institution now seeks the services of a REGIONAL MANAGER-SOUTHERN REGION to be based in Lusaka. The position is demanding therefore requires a mature, visionary, focused and innovative individual willing to work long hours and travel long distances within Zambia.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Prepare and co-ordinate implementation of the Regional office’s annual work plan and budget;
- Set and monitor quarterly performance targets to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Facilitate member led activities at Regional, Branch, and/or Section levels;
- Plan compliance inspections for the Region in order to increase compliance levels of the Southern Region;
- Identify operational areas requiring performance improvement and effect required measures;
- Ensure compliance to standard operating procedures by staff and outsourced service providers;
- Supervise and ensure contacts for outsourced services are performed to agreed quality, cost and time standard.
- Ensure availability of equipment, tools and supplies for daily operations in the Southern Region;
- Assist the Registrar to develop and implement strategic and/or operational plans;
- Deputize Registrar as Secretary to Council, the Engineering Registration Board, Disciplinary Committee and selected Committees of Council;
- Ensure compliance with EIZ Council resolutions, EIZ Act and any other relevant laws or statutory regulations in relation to the Southern region;
- Undertake any tasks assigned by the Registrar.
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in any engineering discipline
- Registered Engineer of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Work experience of at least five (5) years at Senior Engineer and/or Management level within an industry, academic or statutory regulation environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software packages(Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- High integrity and honesty
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Economics, or Social Science will be a distinct Advantage
All applications should be sent directly to the undersigned not later than Wednesday 5th July, 2017. Copies of the Curriculum Vitae (CV), educational and professional qualifications should be enclosed. The applications should indicate names of the three (3) referees, two of whom should have been past supervisors in the last two positions held. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
THE REGISTRAR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
THE ENGINEERING INSTITUTION OF ZAMBIA,
C/7, NEW BRENTWOOD DRIVE, LONGACRES,
1,197 total views, 2 views today