Welcome to the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) website.
The Engineering Institution of Zambia was re-established under the EIZ Act No. 17 of 2010 for the purpose of promoting and regulating the engineering profession. Under regulation it provides for the registration of engineering organisations and regulates their professional conduct.
Key activities of the EIZ include:
- Regulating the engineering practice through registration and licensing (compulsory through the EIZ Act)
- Providing support for Continuing Professional Development through learning opportunities (conferences, symposia, for a, meetings and workshops etc)
- Publishing professional journals and magazines
- Providing networks for professionals to meet and discuss their field of expertise
- Enforcing a code of Ethics to guide professional behaviour
- Dealing with complaints against professional’s and implement disciplinary procedures through the Disciplinary Code
- Providing career support and opportunities for youths
- Accrediting engineering programs
109,338 total views, 172 views today